Search Results

You are looking at 1 - 1 of 1 items for

  • Author or Editor: Ayub Mamun x
  • Refine by Access: All Content x
Clear All Modify Search

Introduction: The aim of this study is to compare Knodell and HAI scores in patients with wild type and precore/core promoter mutant CHB to see if there is any difference in severity of liver injury between these two types of HBV. Methods: We did percutaneous liver biopsies of 155 CHB patients. 102 (65.8%) of them were infected wild type HBV and the rest 53 (34.2%) were infected with precore/core promoter mutant CHB. Results: 11/53 (20.8%) patients with precore/core promoter mutant CHB had moderate to severe CH (HAI score 8–18). In contrast, moderate to severe CH was seen in 19/102 (18.6%) patients with wild type CHB. Fibrosis score was >2 in 15/53 (28.3%) precore/core promoter mutant CHB as opposed to 20/102 (19.6%) patients with wild type CHB. Conclusion: The study shows that precore/core promoter mutant HBV produces more severe histologic liver disease compared to wild type HBV.

Restricted access