This study was supported by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education under the grant no. N N507 553238. Rafał Janus wishes to thank the Foundation for Polish Science MPD Programme co-financed by the EU European Regional Development Fund for the financial support. Piotr Natkański acknowledges the financial support from DOCTUS scholarship co-founded by the European Social Fund. The research was carried out with the equipment purchased, thanks to the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund in the framework of the Polish Innovation Economy Operational Program (contract no. POIG.02.01.00-12-023/08).
1. Ryu, Z, Rong, H, Zheng, J, Wang, M, Zhang, B 2002 Microstructure and chemical analysis of PAN-based activated carbon fibers prepared by different activation methods. Carbon 40:1144–1147 .
2. Sun, J, Wang, Q 2006 Effects of activation temperature on the properties and structure of PAN-based activated carbon hollow fiber. J Appl Polym Sci 100:3778–3783 .
3. Chiang, YC, Lee, CC, Lee, HC 2007 Characterization of microstructure and surface properties of heat-treated PAN-and rayon-based activated carbon fibers. J Porous Mater 14:227–237 .
4. Szychowski D , Pacewska B, Makomaski G, Zieliński J, Ciesińska W, Brzozowska T. Adsorption and DSC study of mineral-carbon sorbents obtained from coal tar pitch-polymer compositions. J Therm Anal Calorim. 2011. doi: .
5. Grzyb, B, Albiniak, A, Broniek, E, Furdin, G, Marêché, JF, Bégin, D 2009 SO2 adsorptive properties of activated carbons prepared from polyacrylonitrile and its blends with coal-tar pitch. Micropor Mesopor Mater. 118:163–168 .
6. Lu, CY, Wey, MY 2007 Simultaneous removal of VOC and NO by activated carbon impregnated with transition metal catalysts in combustion flue gas. Fuel Proc Technol. 88:557–567 .
7. Huang, G, Shi, JX, Langrish, TAG 2009 Removal of Cr(VI) from aqueous solution using activated carbon modified with nitric acid. Chem Eng J. 152:434–439 .
8. Molenda, M, Dziembaj, R, Piwowarska, Z, Drozdek, M 2007 A new method of coating powdered supports with conductive carbon films. J Therm Anal Calorim 88:503–506 .
10. Kuśtrowski, P, Janus, R, Kochanowski, A, Chmielarz, L, Dudek, B, Piwowarska, Z, Michalik, M 2010 Adsorption properties of carbonized polyacrylonitrile deposited on γ-alumina and silica gel by precipitation polymerization. Mater Res Bull. 45:787–793 .
- Search Google Scholar
- Export Citation
Kuśtrowski, P , Janus, R , Kochanowski, A , Chmielarz, L , Dudek, B , Piwowarska, Z Michalik, M 2010 Adsorption properties of carbonized polyacrylonitrile deposited on γ-alumina and silica gel by precipitation polymerization. 45: 787– 793 10.1016/j.materresbull.2010.03.017.
11. E Van Bavel Cool, P, Aerts, K, Vansant, EF 2004 Plugged Hexagonal templated silica (PHTS): an in-depth study of the structural characteristics. J Phys Chem B. 108:5263–5268 .
12. Janus, R, Kuśtrowski, P, Dudek, B, Piwowarska, Z, Kochanowski, A, Michalik, M, Cool, P 2011 Removal of methyl–ethyl ketone vapor on polyacrylonitrile-derived carbon/mesoporous silica nanocomposite adsorbents. Micropor Mesopor Mater. 145:65–73 .
- Search Google Scholar
- Export Citation
Janus, R , Kuśtrowski, P , Dudek, B , Piwowarska, Z , Kochanowski, A , Michalik, M Cool, P 2011 Removal of methyl–ethyl ketone vapor on polyacrylonitrile-derived carbon/mesoporous silica nanocomposite adsorbents. 145: 65– 73 10.1016/j.micromeso.2011.04.029.
13. Barbosa, MN, Araujo, AS, Galvao, LPFC, Silva, EFB, Santos, AGD, Luz, GE, Fernandes, VJ 2011 Carbon dioxide adsorption over DIPA functionalized MCM-41 and SBA-15 molecular sieves. J Therm Anal Calorim 106:779–782 .
15. Jing, M, Wang, C, Wang, Q, Bai, Y, Zhu, B 2007 Chemical structure evolution and mechanism during pre-carbonization of PAN-based stabilized fiber in the temperature range of 350–600 °C. Polym Degrad Stab 92:1737–1742 .
16. Rahaman, MSA, Ismail, AF, Mustafa, A 2007 A review of heat treatment on polyacrylonitrile fiber. Polym Degrad Stab 92:1421–1432 .
17. Katok, KV, Tertykh, VA, Yanishpolskii, VV, Ragulya, AV, Klimenko, VP, Klymchuk, DO 2010 Synthesis and investigation of barium titanate nanoparticles covered with silica shell. J Therm Anal Calorim 101:725–728 .
18. Setnescu, R, Jipa, S, Setnescu, T, Kappel, W, Kobayashi, S, Osawa, Z 1999 IR and X-ray characterization of the ferromagnetic phase of pyrolysed polyacrylonitrile. Carbon 37:1–6 .
20. Wang, PH, Hong, KL, Zhu, QR 1996 Surface analysis of polyacrylonitrile-based activated carbon fibers by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. J Appl Polym Sci 62:1987–1991 .
21. Pels, JR, Kapteijn, F, Moulijn, JA, Zhu, Q, Thomas, KM 1995 Evolution of nitrogen functionalities in carbonaceous materials during pyrolysis. Carbon 33:1641–1653 .
22. Weidenthaler, C, Lu, AH, Schmidt, W, Schüth, F 2006 X-ray photoelectron spectroscopic studies of PAN-based ordered mesoporous carbons (OMC). Micropor Mesopor Mater. 88:238–243 .
23. László, K, Tombácz, E, Josepovits, K 2001 Effect of activation on the surface chemistry of carbons from polymer precursors. Carbon 39:1217–1228 .